Airport n and g problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sotolux, Sep 6, 2008.

1. sotolux macrumors newbie

I have installed a new Airport Extreme 802.11n which works well with my computers, but my Airport Express 802.11g (2 of them) have disappeared from view in my Airport Utility. I can only seem them if I directly connect them with an ethernet cable. AirTunes seems totally off line and I'm wondering now if the new Extreme is incompatible with the old Airport Express devices. I have tried many configurations and have attempted setting up the new Extreme in different manners including allowing the network to be extended. Currently the radio mode is set to 802.11n (802.11b/g compatible). Is this wrong?
    Thanks for anyone's help.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I have no clue to what you are describing, so can you post some screens of the airport utility? Furthermore, if you have to connect both of the AEs by wire or wireless to the base station and change the name so that it matches the base station. I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't show up, so change the SSID (name) of both AEs, that might work.

3. sotolux thread starter macrumors newbie

Airport n and g problems

Hi, thanks for writing. I'm posting the screens from my Airport Extreme and reset (default) settings for the A Express. Whenever I ask the A Express to join my current network, it "disappears" from the AirPort Utility and I have to do a reset for it to be seen again, though only through an ethernet connection. It is not discoverable, even in its default mode wirelessly. Is it that the Extreme is not allowing the A Expresses to be seen?

All the screen images are at: http://gallery.me.com/sotolux#100118

4. MCroft macrumors member

There's nothing to configure with it in that mode. Does it show up (as a MAC address) in the WDS tab of the AirPort Extreme? you can remove it from there if you want to configure it manually.