Airport Network Setting Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kirbymoe, Sep 8, 2009.

1. kirbymoe macrumors newbie

kirbymoe

Ok so I'm never had a problem with airport until this point. I tried to connect to my schools 802.1X wireless network. My account is authenticated, airport is on, but airport is not connected. I clicked on assist me and ran diagnostics and "network settings" has a red dot next to it and failed underneath. The computer guy at our school said he would call apple tomorrow but I was hoping someone on here could tell me what to do.

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

In your network control panel, create a new location and select it. Open the Advanced section of the AirPort settings and make sure TCP/IP is set to Using DHCP.

I have a few different wireless networks that use hard-coded IP addresses, which may the same for you, but Mac OS X doesn't know to switch the TCP/IP settings. I use MarcoPolo for that purpose.

3. kirbymoe thread starter macrumors newbie

kirbymoe

Thanks this worked, although I didn't have to change the advanced settings. Although I think the computer guy might have done that beforehand.

4. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Creating the new Location resets the settings. I have a half-dozen locations, just to make sure that I don't mess up a setting I use elsewhere.