Airport not displaying connection.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gpzere, Oct 30, 2008.

1. gpzere macrumors newbie

Problem Solved
    See next post for solution.​

I am in possession of an iMac that had some network issues. To resolve these issues, I reset the network settings by removing; 'com.apple.airport.preferences.plist', 'com.apple.network.identification.plist', 'NetworkInterfaces.plist' and 'preferences.plist' from '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/' to let OS X recreate them.

Now that is the background on what I've done so far, and it fixed the problems but now I have noticed a new issue.

When I connect to my offices wireless connection, it connects fine and allows me to surf, but the Airport icon in the Menubar displays no connection. If anyone has any ideas or solutions please let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. gpzere thread starter macrumors newbie

Just messing around trying to fix the issue, I managed to fix it. This was the last thing I did and seems to have repaired the problem.
    1) Deleting those above files.
    2) Repairing the permissions in Disk Utility before the OS has recreated those files.
    3) Then, in System Preferences, go to the Network Pane so that the OS recreates the needed files.
    4) Reboot (Optional)

If anyone else comes across this issue and this doesn't seem to fix the issue, let me know.