Airport not working... or is it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sharmanet, Dec 8, 2010.

1. sharmanet macrumors newbie

Hey you guys,

I am new. I am having A LOT of problems with my Internet Connectivity. I have comcast Internet, ADT, and Airport... I use a brand new Macbook pro.

Here's my issue: I am connected as I type to the internet supposedly through my own Airport, but my Airport is blinking yellow and when I open up the airport app on my mac shows the my airport is not setup and shows that the light blinking is yellow. I have full connection. No one in my neighborhood has an airport or wireless at least no one close by.

Is it possible that I am connected through my own wireless network but it doesn't know it? I am really confused.

Also when I unplugged my yellow blinking airport... my internet goes down right away on my comp, when I plug it back in im connected.... :confused:

Please help...

Thanks

2. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

You are not alone....

Something is not right and this is yet another thread in this forum alone about this issue.

Mine is on and off as well... But what's odd is the iPhones and iPad have no issues at all. When the laptops go down I switch to the iPad or iPhone and have 100% issue free surf.

3. sharmanet thread starter macrumors newbie

really? I hope someone can find the thread for me. I mean I am glad that it works but I am scared that what if its a hack of some sort...:confused:

4. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

Someone said they felt it was from the last OS update.

What's odd is that the last time it went out I tried streaming Netflix through my sons Wii and it played flawless. Meanwhile I could not get online with my Pro.

5. moel macrumors 6502

A yellow light on your airport express indicates that it may not be able to do all the things you are requesting of it.

When you open the airport admin utility it will tell you that there is a blinking yellow light on the airport express, Double click it

A new window pops up with a list of info

Airport Express name :

Well if you roll over the status you'll see it becomes highlighted.

Click that

It'll tell you what is up with it. Come back to us with that message and we can go from there.

PS i wouldn't worry about your airport being 'hacked' it's highly unlikely..and there isn't any need for paranoia.