Airport on a FW G3?

BJMcKay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
I recently found a Fire wire Power Mac G3 in near perfect condition running Mac OS 10.3.8. I was wondering if an Airport card would work on it. I know an Airport Extreme wont work but I can just get a regular Airport card on Ebay.

Thanks.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
The B&W's dont have airport slots, but you can add airport capabilities by adding a PCI wireless network adapter, not all work. The Belkin one's are mac compatible so work fine i am using one on my current G4 and it works faultlessly. Have a look for one on ebay,they are plug and play so all you need to do is plug it in and boot up and away you go....

ShadOW

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
BJMcKay said:
I recently found a Fire wire Power Mac G3 in near perfect condition running Mac OS 10.3.8. I was wondering if an Airport card would work on it. I know an Airport Extreme wont work but I can just get a regular Airport card on Ebay.

Thanks.
An Airport Express will work just great ... plus you get the usb printer port and an optical/analog audio out. :)

peace | neut

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
shadowmoses said:
The B&W's dont have airport slots, but you can add airport capabilities by adding a PCI wireless network adapter, not all work. The Belkin one's are mac compatible so work fine i am using one on my current G4 and it works faultlessly. Have a look for one on ebay,they are plug and play so all you need to do is plug it in and boot up and away you go....

ShadOW
I second the opinion on the Belkin. It will probably be the best solution for what you want.