Airport password problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Sambo110, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I am trying to put a password on airport, as we only downloaded a 730 meg file but it says we have downloaded nearly a gig. I out on WPA2, but when I join it on my iPod it just joins, it doesn't ask for a password. Any ideas why?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Had you entered the password on your iPod already? If so, it remembers it and doesn't ask you to entered after the first time.

Also, to provide you with better help, please give more details of what are you doing, what you accomplished and what is the problem.

3. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok, I got it so it says it has a WPA2 password, but on my iPod I can just connect to it, it doesn't ask for a password...

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you joined your wireless network once on your iPod, then it won't ask for it again as is already saved it so no worries there.

5. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

So even though I joined it before there was a password it will be ok? I also deleted the airport thing off the iMac, and made it again. In network. Is there any way to reset it all?

6. Omni Geno macrumors regular

Omni Geno

If you're concerned, on your iPod go to Settings>General>Reset and tap "Reset Network Settings". Then you should be able to re-join your network and enter the new password. Hope that helps.