Airport Printing problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wcalderini, Feb 24, 2008.

1. wcalderini macrumors member

Replaced an old linksys wireless with an Airport express.
    Mixed environment. Connecting to a cable modem box and a HP Deskjet 3845
    printer from a Windows XP Box and a Macbook 2.2 4GB 10.5.2.
    On the Windows side there is no problem at all, both the internet connection and the printer work fine wirelessly.
    On the Mac side there is some difficulty. While all internet functions are nice and zippy wireless, I cannot seem to get the USB printer to work.
    It recognizes and "adds" the printer fine via bonjour, but it just refuses to print.
    It will show the doc spooling over, and on the "software" end acts just like a page has printed. (No warning boxes saying "page refused to print" or "connection lost" or anything.
    Running network diagnostics from the macbook "fails" at the "server" tab.
    Saying there is some kind of connection or "internet" problem.
    Have upgraded all software for the express and the Mac is up to date also.
    I know the printer is "compatible" as I hooked it up stright via USB and had no problems, so I am kind of at a loss.
    The main reason for the purchase was so my daughter could print remotely from her mac book without haveing to transfer everything to the PC where the printer was previously hooked up.
    I looked around the forums for a known issue but nothing jumped up recently so I was wondering if anybody has had a similar experience and could offer any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

WRC

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

I think Apple's Airport router is just plain broken. The air disk is broken and the printing function is not much better. Notice Apple had develop a new product "Time Capsule" to get the disk to work. Ok you can get printing to work. Delete the printer and re-install. Try both Gutenburg and the manufacturer's driver. About the second time I deleted and re-installed the printer it worked for me

3. wcalderini thread starter macrumors member

Oh.
    I di forget to mention that I did try that many, many times.
    I even went as far as downloading new drivers from HP hoping that was the culprit.
    It just seems weird that all works fine on the PC side and just wonks out completely on the Mac. In my experience the opposite has always been true.
    Thanks for the suggestion though, and I'll keep on searching.

WRC