Airport problem-Not connecting to internet? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by njmitchel0, Dec 12, 2008.

1. njmitchel0 macrumors member

Ok so this morning internet was working fine and all...I take my macbook on campus and try to connect...safari says I am not able to connect...I thought it was an issue with the schools internet, so i return to my home to use mine. Same thing it will not connect. The airport says its turned on, and connected to my houses wireless network...yea i dont know??? however when I go to network preferences it says airport is not connected. I am able to connect to the internet when the ethernet cord is plugged in, but absolutely cannot without it...someone please tell me they can help thanks!!!

ps
    i dont think its my internet provider since the two other pc's in the household are able to connect fine

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

For starters, turn off airport and then turn it back on again. I would also try going into the network system preferences and under the location pull-down menu, select "new location". Give it a name but don't bother changing any of the settings unless your ISP requires it. That'll give you fresh connection settings if for some reason they were changed.

3. kwismexer, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

kwismexer macrumors newbie

Same problem

I tried your advice, and I am still having problems. Airport will not connect to the internet...
    When I try to join a network, it isn't showing any- even though I know there are 2 open networks in my area that my iPod is detecting and listing on it's network connection list.

4. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

I found the instructions for this on the Help section of the Apple site. It recommended doing a full reset of the AE in Airport Utility, making sure to connect the AE to your computer through an ethernet cabe. Sorted my problem out.