Airport problem with Airport Express

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ScoobyMcDoo, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I have an 17" i7 MBP which has connection issues with my Airport Express. Sometimes, it connects on the first try, other times I have to turn the airport, on the MBP, on and off several times before it will connect. Sometimes that won't even work, so I put the mbp to sleep, wake it back up, then it will connect. Once connected, it works fine and never have any of the disconnect problems I have read about.

The other weird thing is that at the office, where we use non-apple wireless access points, I never see an issue.

The Airport express is configured with WPA Personal, hidden SSID.

Anyone else see this? Found any fixes other than what I already do?

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

You may have a bum AE because, honestly, it is so rare when you have to cycle power on any Airport router. I own an Extreme and have only had to cycle power due to issues for a one week period in it's 3 year life. It's rock solid and works flawlessly.

Something did get corrupted over that week's time though and I had to do a factory restore. I'd suggest you try that as well. This was almost a year ago and I have had no issues since.

Other thing that might help: Try a different channel as you may be getting interference with some electric products from your own home or the neighbors if you are on the 2.4GhZ band.

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

have you tried to connect other devices to the AE? if they have issues too take it back for a replacement.

4. ScoobyMcDoo thread starter macrumors 65816

imac, iphone and ipod touch always connect without a hitch. It's just the MBP that has this issue. I'm going to try switching channels as mstrze suggested to see if that helps.