Airport problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wombles1960, Jan 11, 2008.

1. wombles1960 macrumors newbie

My daughter activated her airport extreme and was using it ok then she updated the following software and now it won't identify airport. the software was garage band 4.1.1, mac os 10.5.1, remote desk client 3.2.1, iDVD 7.0.1, iweb 2.0.2, itunes 7.5, numbers 1.0.1, quicktime 7.3.1, pages 3.0.1, keynote. I don' think these caused the problem but now she is getting the following message: "Airport utility was unable to find any airport base stations".

When we right mouse click on the airport icon on the status bar it says that airport is not configure and it is not showing in network preferences.

When we click on about this mac and more info and go to airport card - it says that airport is currently turned off and there is nowhere we can find to turn it back on - it just won't let us.

HELP!!!!!

Wendy

2. ttrtilley macrumors newbie

I had to hold down the little reset button on my Airport Express till the yellow light flashed vigorously. Then it showed up in the menu bar with a new name. It was able to restore all my configuration profiles despite the reset.
    Some people reported success using the wired connection, but mine was not configured to allow this. Very frustrating till I decided to reset. Then very easy :)