Airport Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Casho, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Casho macrumors newbie

Over the last couple of weeks I have been having some Airport issues with my relatively new MacBook. Prior to this, I haven't had any problems.

What is happening is that at least once every couple of days my connection to my NetComm nb64w router drops out, and the only way I can reconnect is to reboot my MacBook. Airport still can see the router but it just won't reconnect, even if I try to manually connect.

Interestingly, last time this occurred, Airport reconnected immediately when I connected via ethernet cable.

Does any have any ideas? Luckily, it isn't happening too frequently but it is still annoying.

I can understand why dropouts occur from time to time, but I can't understand why it cant reconnect.

Each time it has dropped out the MacBook has only been meters away from the router. Signal strength is always on full.

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

If you have a modem, unplug the cord from the outlet and re-plug it and see if that fixes the problem or even do the same to the router..

3. Casho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't help.

The only thing that allows me to reconnect is to restart my MacBook, or to insert an ethernet cable, which for some reason then allows airport to reconnect.