Airport problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by superpea, Jan 2, 2010.

1. superpea macrumors newbie

Hi, so first off, I tried searching the forum but haven't seen anything helpful, if I missed something I'm sorry and I'll obviously settle for a link :)

Anyway, so I bought a 15" 2.66GHz MBP beginning of December and up until a day or 2 ago I've been experiencing problems when I try connecting to the internet.

There are 2 other computers in the house (Windows based, don't know if that's go anything to do with it) and they both connect just fine.

So is there anything wrong with the MBP that I can fix?

(I've tried rebooting the MBP, the router, the modem, everything...)

Thanks for the help :)

Pia

2. koalal macrumors newbie

set up as the same as the other two pc, and have a try again

3. superpea thread starter macrumors newbie

everything's set the same way so I don't know what else to do :(

4. warburg macrumors 6502

Connection problems are common with MacBook Pro computers purchased from late 2008 through 2009. There are many threads dealing with this on the Apple support forum: http://www.apple.com/support/. I have two new MacBook Pros, a 15" and a 17" model. Both randomly disconnect from the Internet. The Apple phone gurus and genius bars don't know the cause or have a solution. I've tried introducing threads on this topic on MacRumors a couple of times without getting any reaction. It's possible that this is a hardware/software problem confined to a few batches that left the factory.

Apple did provide a patch that has helped some people: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL973. Try it.

5. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

What exactly is happening to the Mac? Can you give us more details alike.

a. Can you not connect
    b. Do you have a WPA or WEP enabled
    c. are you connecting and not staying connected?
    -How long before you're disconnected

I have the MacBook that's listed in my SIG and a Linksys 802.11n Wireless router, when surfing the web activly or playing online games I would stay connected to the Router and drop internet activity. I solved the problem by turning the SSID BroadCast off and changing the channel of the 802.11 stuff to something other then teh defaul frequency.

6. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

have the same setup for the most part.

MBP 15.4" 2.6
    2-Win7 Desktop hard wired
    1-Win7 Desktop on 802.11G
    3-iPhone 3G 's
    PS3 wireless

Airport Extreme N ( the new dual band )
    Airport Express as an extender for the XBOX 360

I haven't played much with any settings just basic setups, wireless p-words and thats about it and I haven't experienced any wireless drops on any devices...yet. I've only had the MBP for a week but not a single drop.
    Not sure what the prob is on your end but hope you get it figured out. If I can be any help just ask for any further info.