AIRPORT PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK

Todat I took my laptop into to school, once logged on my Powerbook quickly connected to the school wireless network,, which is available to all, with no encryption, WEP e.t.c. The only thing was I had the internet, but could not surf the web. I went into Internet Connect, which said I was connected to the internet via Airport, yet evertime I launched Safari or IE, I got the message server could not be found. Weirder still, when I launched Limewire, I quickly connected, and was able to continue my downloads. After going into system preferences, I realised that the wireless network automatically assigned IP's using DCHP, one of my friends pointed out that the school is wholly PC's and NO macs, but I couldn't really see how that could affect wireless interent, since the router is just plugged into a LAN port. Please help I would really like to use the school internet.

Thanks

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
no, thats the problem, my school is really unhelpful like that, and if i could, i would go to the helpdesk, but theres not one.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
also, my friend, who takes his dell laptop in can always get on the wireless internet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.