Airport problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Avicenna, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Avicenna macrumors member

This started happening last night, i randomly disconnected from my network. Then after trying to connect and disconnect several time, it connect, but then after 20-30 mins it disconnected again. Its been happening ever since and I have to repeat this process....

I have another laptop and its connected to the same network and its working fine...I also connected my laptop to my neighbors and its working just fine... so it seems that theres a problem between my laptop and my network. Also the other laptop which I have is using xp.

Can someone please guess what's going on? I mean this never happened for the past year and a half, and then suddenly last night it started happening. thanks!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

My guess is that you just need to power cycle your router. Try unplugging it for about 30 seconds then plugging it back in. That usually fixes problems like that.

3. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Are you on 10.6.5? It's been happening to me as well. May be addressed in the 10.6.6 update.

4. Avicenna thread starter macrumors member

@alust - Yea i'm guna try that. Maybe even recreate the network...

@stv - I'm on 10.6.4 lol. Should I update?

See right now its happening again. It says its connect to the network, its giving me a local ip address, but no internet access....

5. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Maybe ask around your area after you try the power cycling? It may just be a local ISP issue...

6. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn