Airport Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ConnorAFC, May 15, 2011.

1. ConnorAFC macrumors newbie

I just finally bought this laptop last week and it arrived on wednesday and already im having problems. The airport restarts itself every 30 minutes-hour, i have my microsoft messenger open and safari and everytime it disconnects my messenger disconnects and i have to go through a process of logging back in and when its happening this regularly its starting to really annoy me.

Any help appreciated. X

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Op are you seriously telling us It's msn messenger disconnecting that's telling you that your ap is faulty??

3. ConnorAFC thread starter macrumors newbie

no, my signal bar at the top right goes dead and then a second later seems to come back on but it disconnects all of my running applications and it was the msn disconnecting constantly that started to annoy me.

4. ConnorAFC thread starter macrumors newbie

becomming more regular now, wrote down the disconnection times. 18:36 then again at 18:46. this cant be right considering the laptop is under a week old?

5. ConnorAFC thread starter macrumors newbie

Is anyone else currently or ever experianced anything like this? Every 10-15 minutes now the airport shuts down for around 1-2 seconds and then boots back up again auto connecting. Does this mean the airport is faulty? the laptop has just been bought brand new on wednesday and less than a week old?