Airport problems!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OldCorpse, Mar 25, 2008.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I have 2 macs: an iBook 1.33Ghz and a mini G4 1.5Ghz, both running Tiger 10.4.11.

I have a Linksys WRT54G v4 router.

The issue started today. I left the mini and the iBook running overnight, like I usually do, and this morning I couldn't get online.

Here's how it looks: The airport signal strength is slightly lower on my network on the mini - I can switch to a different network which is simply free Wi-Fi from my neighbor (who has not secure his network with a password), AND IT WORKS FINE, yet when I switch to my network, I can't connect. Same with the iBook.

I opened network connection, switch to the working (free) WiFi, then back to my network (which is WEP protected), at which point a dialogue appears asking me for a password. I provide the password, it accepts it, then I STILL cannot get on the net. I reboot, clear caches etc. Same story. I try different options "WEP Password" or "WEP 40-128 bit Hex" etc. No dice.

Turning the airport on and off has no effect. Rebooting or shutting down completely has no effect.

Basically, I can't get on the net through MY network from my mini or iBook (but can on the free unprotected WiFi network).

Incidentally, I also have an XP laptop that gets on the same WiFi network whenever I fire it up, and it too cannot get on...

Any ideas? TIA!

2. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Please do tell what to did to resolve it...

4. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Apparently my heretofore reliable router **** itself. So, I pulled out an old netgear router and was back in business. I ordered a new router, should be here in a few days.