Airport problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zalves, Jul 23, 2009.

1. zalves macrumors member

I have a macbook pro from february 2009, I have been having problems with my wireless connection, my router is a belkin N1 vision, it works fine but sometimes I lose internet on Safari but the rest of the apps still have. I have to switch of the airport and turn it back on to make it work. the frequency is random. Everyone else but me has wireless access without problems, macs and pcs. Its strange...

anyone has had this?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Try changing the wireless channel on your router. Sometimes certain channels don't work well with Macs.

3. hitman45400 macrumors regular

i have the same problem, but it does it to all wireless connections i join..

4. therealbc macrumors newbie

i have the same problem also, wired is fine but wireless sucks

my wifes computer, a dell, seems to work just fine when my macbook is acting up

very frustrating.......

5. zalves thread starter macrumors member

I think the problem was some application I had installed... I just cleaned some and its back on track. till now at least. Its one of the worst problems you can have... a faulty internet connection...

6. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

My connection in Leopard was perfect, never lost for any reason. Upgraded to SL and within an hour of using it I lost connection 4 times. Everything else on my network works though, just not the MBP. Like you said, I turn off airport then back on and everything is good for a little white until it goes out and I repeat the process.

7. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

My connection in Leopard was perfect, never lost for any reason. Upgraded to SL and within an hour of using it I lost connection 4 times. Everything else on my network works though, just not the MBP. Like you said, I turn off airport then back on and everything is good for a little white until it goes out and I repeat the process.

And I just happened to lose connection while trying to post this...

8. HockeyGuy macrumors member

I have a similar problem except my airport card just completely shuts off and will not turn back on unless I do a restart. Happens at least once ever 3 days... it is extremely annoying.

Plus my airport card has already been replaced by Apple, which obviously did not solve the issue... so they just sent me a box so I can ship it to the repair facility so they can now replace the logic board.... what a pain, right?

I just want my mbpro to work as it should!