airport problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ri0ku, Aug 2, 2009.

1. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Everytime I start my mbp i now have to wait abouts 2 minutes until my internet works.... (even tho I will be connected to my home network straight away)

This has started happening recently (past 4 days or so) but before.. I could start my mbp up and open safari straight away and have internet access...

This waiting for 2 minutes thing is really annoying.. can anyone help me out?

edit: sometimes even waiting for a few minutes doesnt help and I still have no net access (but it states im connected to my network) but sometimes if I close the lid of the mbp and then re open it the internet comes on...

This is an annoying thing to have to do for a 1,500 machine.. it should just work as before.. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

2. zoeconner macrumors regular

I had a similar problem. Theirs two cache folders. Delete everything and it fixed it for me.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...clear it all and reconnect...good luck!

4. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Where are the cached files stored? i tried wiping the connection in the network settings but i dont think i was doing it right.. because it still managed to keep my password for the network remembered.

5. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

*bump sorry just need to get this sorted.

Where are the 2 cached files you mentioned so I can delete them to see if it solves the issue?

thanks

6. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

bump* sorry just really need to get this sorted... still having this problem. Can someone tell me where I can delete the cached files for airport?

7. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Have you tried restoring it to it's factory settings? I think that would help but you'd have to reconfigure everything. Do it a step at a time and see which setting is causing the connection issue.

8. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I tried to clear the connection and remake it but i dont think im doing that right... because for some reason even if I wipe off my network.. and find it again back in the list it doesnt ask me for the WEP key it just connects so its still got the wep key stored so im guessing im not deleting the connection properly :S

9. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

I mean hold the reset button down (it's on the back next to the kensington lock) until the light flashes rapidly and then let go. It will be like you just got it out of the box.

10. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh you mean on the router? yeah I tried that already and it didnt help :(