Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kalashnikov

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Hello
I have a 17 inch mbp osx leopard. I had no problems for two years of ownership until yesterday. I could not connect to my router and when i did and it said full bars i still can not go on a website. All it does is wait to connect. So then i noticed that my ethernet cable had the click in tab broken. I bought a new one everything worked fine my mbp and my imac. Although when i did that it took my mbp a couple minutes to fully function again. About three hours later i had the same issue again. First it got slow, then nothing. I would open airport it would show that its scanning and finds nothing. I try again, it finds my router connects but no internet. Then it came to the point where it finds my router and i try to connect but no bars show. My imac works, my ipod touch wifi works, and so does my htc phone. So i am convinced that my mbp has a problem. I need some advice from anyone on here about this. Also, is it normal for the cd drive to be kind of sticky? I can put the cd in no problem, but when i eject, it sometimes doesnt sometimes only a bit of the cd comes out and i have to grab it and pull it out?
Thanks for any kind of help i just dont know what to do right now :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.