Airport randomly drops out

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by puckhead193, Nov 24, 2010.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

As the title states, I'll be searching the web doing whatever. (most of the time I'll be uploading my work to an FTP site) and then all of a sudden I click a link and the wireless in my house goes down. I either wait it out for a few hours and it comes back to life but most of the time I need to reset my airport by un-plugging it. Is it starting to go? Its pretty old I got it in the Summer of 04 with my powerbook :eek:

(its an airport express)

2. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

Anyone?

I think i'm gonna order a new airport on friday if apple puts them on sale. Can someone tell me the differece between the express and the extreme. Besides the obvious with the music streaming. Which one is faster or are they both the same?

3. benoitgphoto macrumors 6502

Most likely interference from other routers or devices in your environment. Try changing the channel. Or it got his useful lifespan.

The actual Extreme has a simultaneous dual band frequency (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) which I don't think the Express has (it has a dual band but not simultaneous). Also, I think the Extreme has more power and range than the Express, has Ethernet ports and a USB ports where you can plug in a Hard drive or a printer. Other than that, I'm not sure what are the differences.