Airport recognized but internet not working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zoonotic, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Zoonotic macrumors newbie

I just moved into a new apartment and got my cable internet set up. At my previous apartment, I had cable internet (through a different company) hooked up to my Airport, and had no problems with wireless internet. I also have had no problems picking up wireless signals at different locations (prior to this).

When I plug the ethernet cable from the modem into the Airport, it blinks orange for a few seconds, and then turns green, and my laptop (ibook G4) displays a full signal strength and the name of the network scrolls along the top bar. But, when I open my browser, I can't load a page - I get a little bit of the "blue loading bar", but everything just sits there. I have tried unplugging everything and trying again (several times) but no luck.

I can take the ethernet cable out of the Airport and plug it directly into my laptop, and it works instantly with no problems, so I am assuming the problem lies with the Airport or something with my internet setup. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have you tried to reset your airport back to factory? Then start from scratch.

3. Zoonotic thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a "hard reset" and it worked. Woo!

Thanks!

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Glad it worked out....