Airport Scan on all MACs ever since the Update

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Milfin, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Milfin macrumors regular

As described in the subject all of the macs in the house are constantly scanning since the update. Everytime I check the airport card status I see that it is scanning. This is happening with the macbook/macbook pro/mac mini. My appleTV is also lagging now. Am I being paranoid or did it do this before the upgrade? I log on to VPN for work and constantly see my network drop and come back on. Internet browsing is very slow. My thoughts is that I'm losing connection to the AEBS.

I'm running up to date on all Software Updates and tried to go back in firmware for the AEBS and Airport Express (hooked to slingbox) and the problem still persist.

Any clues about what to do?

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Is it scanning for longer than a few seconds after you click on the wifi bars? I haven't updated to the most recent airport utility and mine will show scanning if I click on it and then just go to 'on'. If i switch to the desktop and click back on the bars it'll show scanning all over again. Don't think it's a big deal unless you're having reception issues.

3. Milfin thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for reply. The scan does turn back to on after 2-3 seconds.
    Could a Firmware Update affect reception? This is really bothering me since nothing in the network has changed except for the update.