Airport Security - Literally!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Himy, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Himy macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

Long time reader - first time poster. Got this little gem for you, maybe someone else has experienced it. I'm sitting in Sydney airport the other day playing round with new Leopard features on my macbook pro and now with the Bonjour network feature you don't need to search the network for other computers it just shows them all on your sidebar. My macbook automatically jumped onto the sydneyairport.com wireless network - which needs a password to access the internet but not to access the network. So all of a sudden about 4 or 5 macs throughout the terminal pop up in my side bar - other folk in the airport who's mac had automatically jumped onto the wireless network. I was able to browse their documents folders, pictures, pretty much anything in their home folder, without need for a pasword or permissions. Obviously some had more security on their own laptops than others, but very interesting how Leopard just served me up a bunch of random macs to surf even if I didn't have internet access... is this a GOOD thing?????

I disconnected when I realised they could be doing the same thing to me!!

Himy

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09