Airport settings with new Internet!? Help me Network Gods!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Optimus Rhyme, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Optimus Rhyme macrumors regular

I just recently moved to Vancouver BC and set myself up with Shaw Internet earlier this week. All is fine with the service minus one small problem. I can't seem to get my Airport Extreme to work.

I lived in Ontario before and was on Rogers and the Airport was working just fine, now when I try to set things up, it says that it cannot find an IP or something along the lines of that. I tried changing a bunch of settings and got myself actually connecting to the internet through bridge mode, but not my roommate also. So I then went back to the normal settings that I had used before and it just will not connect at all for us. Wireless does not work either, yet I am able to connect to the Airport, but nothing else.

I can see the Airport, when connected normally, yet there must be a setting I am missing. I tried calling SHAW about it, yet I was on hold for over half an hour, which led me to believe they weren't around. I even left a message for them to call me back, yet no one did. I also don't think they can help as it is a network issue, not an issue with their service.

So my question to all of you guys is, is there a setting I am missing? Do I have to change something with Shaw that I am unaware of? Something to do with the DNS maybe?

I hope someone can help, as I don't really want to have to pay to have someone come around to fix this. Thanks guys.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Did you reset your Airport Extreme? Here's an Apple article on howto.

I would keep hounding Shaw until you got through as well.

3. Optimus Rhyme thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I've tried doing a full reset and just a soft reset. Nothing helps.

4. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Unplug the router, then the AE. Then plug the AE back in, then the router. Worked for me.

5. Optimus Rhyme thread starter macrumors regular

Still no luck on my side here and Shaw has the worst customer support for internet. I've left two messages and still not heard back from them.

6. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear it. I am not very good with this stuff, but that was what worked for me. I hope someone else can help you.