Airport share NAS to LAN

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Can you share the NAS of the Airport over a LAN ? I am trying to use it for Timemachine, but in order to share it with my laptop at work I need it to work over VPN. (I could setup a crazy wireless bridge if I _had_ to)

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
You're referring to a WAN not a LAN, and unfortunately Time Machine doesn't work with AirDisk

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
There are work arounds for timemachine, and I am sure Apple will fix them ... too many requesting it and it did work in the last seed. Just like with the iPhone, Apple will feel forced to fix it. Anyway, that isn't my question :D

What I am wondering is how do I share it over the LAN. This way I can store some other things on the drive and have my local server access it. On top of that, I want to connect to my LAN from work using my Sonicwall and IPSec. Then hit timemachine from there.

Honestly, I don't care about the firewall / router part, I am using it for the NAS and the wireless.

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
There is a disk icon in the Airport Utility app. Click the icon click that icon and it's pretty self explanatory from that point on You can enable an set up accounts and passwords right there inside Airport Utility

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Actually ... let me make it a little easier, I made the question way too long. How can I share the Airport Extreme Base Station NAS over a LAN ? No wireless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.