Airport signal degraded?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 7on, Aug 23, 2007.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

First off my airport is getting low signal (and I can see the base station from where I sit, it's at most 15-20ft away) and not only that I keep getting low noise levels. Any idea to the problem?

Attached Files:

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

What program is that?
    Check the signal level through your AP, it should tell you the signal strength. At least my Linksys router has that. If not you should try the Terminal Airport program to check signal strength, just to make sure that program you're using is correct.

3. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

What'sthat? and my ap is giving me similar readouts

Attached Files:

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

http://osxdaily.com/2007/01/18/airport-the-little-known-command-line-wireless-utility/

That will tell you how to access the Airport terminal program. Its fairly useful, although if you're AP is showing the same low signal then there aren't going to be any revelations by it.

Well, I'm not sure what to say other than run through rebooting your AP base and/or unplugging it for a few seconds. You haven't moved it around or anything lately? How are your speeds doing?

EDIT: And what is that program you have a screenshot of in your first post? It looks kinda neat.

5. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

6. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

AP Grapher

Other routers seem to work fine, but I'm hardly connected to them as long as I am connected to this one. Though at the girlfriend's it would do the same thing with her Belkin router.

I run a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT

7. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

Have you tried any other computers on the same router? Maybe even try Windows via Bootcamp, though that may be inconclusive since it could be the hardware.