Airport Signal Goes Up and Down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adam921, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Adam921 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've heard for a while that people have their airport signal drop for whatever reasons, but I'm not sure I'm having quite the same problem. I've looked around the web and can't quite find the same description.

My signal never fully drops, but it goes down to the first little line on the signal meter in the bar at the top, and everything internet-related goes really, really slow, but doesn't fully stop. On top of that, and this is the part that doesn't seem to match everyone else's problem, is that my Bluetooth mouse lags while this happens too. It seems everything wireless-related slows down for about a minute, and I can't figure out why.

It does it whether I'm watching a video, playing a game, or just surfing the web. It doesn't seem to be related to what I'm doing or running, and happens randomly maybe 10 times a day.

I have a MBP 2.5GHz, 2GB memory, OSX 10.5.5 and got it in March 08. All software is up-to-date. If this is the same problem a lot of people have which Apple doesn't seem to want to fix, just ignore me, but if this is unique and/or there's a fix out there, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

2. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

My MBP 2.4 does the same and will completely drop signal all the while my wife next to me will have full signal. Resetting the router will usually solve the problem though.