Airport Snow Configuration with Snow Lepord?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sjrathke, Nov 30, 2010.

1. sjrathke macrumors newbie

I've been having many issues with routers working with my new (to me) macbook running Snow Lepord so I bought a new Snow Airport base station off of ebay due to a college students budget... It works great however I need to put a password on it and the configuring tool available from apple which is supposed to work with all of the newer versions of osX doesn't work with snow lepord.

I do have a windows vista computer but can't get the configuring utility (4.1/4.2 IIRC) to recognize my router.

Does anyone know how I can configure my router with Snow Lepord?

Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you mean the "AirPort Extreme Base Station" or something similar with the "Snow AirPort ..."? Apple has only two products with the name "snow" in it, it is Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server.

Anyway, with the latest version of AirPort Utility (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL955), you should be able to configure a AEBS, I do it with my early 2009 AEBS model.

Can you maybe reset the AEBS and re-enter the data or even connect to it via Ethernet cable and see, if you can see it then?

3. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

4. simsaladimbamba

5. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I have the square one, but I have a feeling the person who started this thread has the dome model and if he is running 10.6 he might not be able to configure it unless he downloads a different utility.

6. simsaladimbamba

Sorry, forgot to look at the user name and the green "thread starter" addition. The utility I linked to seems to be for those dome models.

Now I understand the "Snow" part in the OP's post.

7. sjrathke thread starter macrumors newbie

That is correct I have the dome one, "dual-ethernet" I believe is another name people seem to be using for it. I think the utility another poster posted is the right one but despite saying it is for osx 10.4 and up it gives me a message saying it won't work with my version of osx (10.6.5).

I want to thank you guys for your help so far, I've been searching and searching the internet to no avail so far..

8. sjrathke thread starter macrumors newbie

To answer another question that I forgot earlier it is the non server snow leopord that I have. Also the model of the airport I own is the M8440.

9. sjrathke thread starter macrumors newbie

10. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I take it those posted solutions did not work for your Airport?

11. sjrathke thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct. As I mentioned earlier they're supposed to work with it and OSX snow leopard but for whatever reason it says it doesn't work with this version of OSX.

12. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I had bought a domed one off of EBay too, and had no luck with it.
    I ended up going back on EBay and finding the square model, which has worked like a champ for me.

13. SeattleChris macrumors newbie

No Solution to Configure Airport Snow with OS 10.6+

To finalize the answer after confusion of "Snow", etc. The last utility that can configure an Airport Snow or Graphite Base Station is Apple's "AirPort Admin Utility for Graphite and Snow" v4.2.5 and Apple notes that this does NOT run in Snow Leopard. I would like to know if the following Java code can do the job http://gicl.cs.drexel.edu/people/sevy/airport/#Configurator