Airport & Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Leydeno, May 30, 2007.

1. Leydeno macrumors newbie

Hi - I currently don't have connection to the internet, but would like to connect speakers remotely using Airport. Could someone please confirm whether this is possible, or can I only do this once Airport is connected to the internet?

Thanks for your help.

2. cave12man macrumors member

the only way you can connect wirlessly to speakers is with airport express. (wasnt sure if this was the airport you were referring too) but with the express you can connect wirelessly to speakers sans an internet connection. i recently bought my first airport express the other week and lost my internet connection at the same time but can still connect to the speakers without the internet. you have to use the airport setup assistant to establish your own network with the express and then after a restart, you should be able to connect to the speakers. hope that helps

3. Leydeno thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your post. I do have Airport Express and I have tried to establish my own network using the assistant but the orange light simply flashes on and off and I can't set one up. I have succesfully connected to the internet using the same Airport, so I do think that it's working properly. Ah well, maybe it's the speakers. I'll try again.