AirPort (TimeCapsule) looses connection to router, now and then...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pit29, Nov 6, 2009.

1. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with my TimeCapsule (firmware version 7.4.2). The TimeCapsule is connected to my router, an AVM FRITZ!Box 7140, via an ethernet cable, and I connect my MacBook Pro wirelessly with the Time Capsule. Every few hours or so (but sometimes once in every 10 minutes), the light on the TimeCapsule blinks yellow for about 10 seconds, and during that time the MacBook Pro looses connection to the internet. My best guess is that the TimeCapsule somehow looses its own internet connection.

Two more details: the TimeCapsule is in Bridge Mode, and I do not see any relevant entries in AirPort Utility's logs...

What can I do?

Pit

2. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

Oh, and I forgot to mention: my router does NOT loose the internet connection. It's fine all of the time, and it's wireless connection is always ok. It's just the TimeCapsule that looses the signal...

3. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

... downgraded to 7.3.2. Seems like everything is working fine now. Am I missing something?

4. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

Actually, I'm experiencing the same issues, no matter whether I use 7.3.2 or 7.4.2.

No ideas?

5. Dyvim macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing the exact same issues. It is highly annoying. But I haven't found a solution yet...

6. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

I bought a new DSL modem, and haven't experienced any issues since then.

Funny thing is, the old DSL modem was fine as far as I can tell.

7. Dyvim macrumors newbie

Interesting. Thinking back my issues did start when I moved to a new state and got internet service with a new provider (I am using their modem). Maybe I should get one of my own...