Airport Trouble

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by xcNcx, Feb 13, 2010.

1. xcNcx macrumors newbie

Hello,

I experience some trouble with airport on my Macbook.

When I am on something for too long e.g. game or downloading or anything involving internet access really, airport will just freeze and sometimes even the whole computer will freeze. With the airport problem, the only way to fix it is restart the computer OR turn airport on and off.

It gets annoying, because sometimes I am doing important tasks and it will freeze the whole mac!

(there is a name for this problem because i have read about it before, but i do not remember the name)

if there is any solution to this please reply

Thanks

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Firstly, which model MacBook do you have, because I have a Early 2008 Model (October 2008, but pre-update), and Ive never seen anything like this/ had this happen. Ive had this occur on a PowerBook and it turned out to be it was just too far from the access point.

Secondly, is it all up-to-date etc. Which system version do you have (10.4.x,10.5.x or 10.6.x?)

3. xcNcx thread starter macrumors newbie

I recieved the macbook August 2009, and i'm not quite sure when it was made. (Model: Macbook5,2)

Secondly, I have 10.5.8 running on mac OSX leopard. Mostly everything BUT the latest have been updated.

It only happens when I am using internet for over a long period of time e.g. 30+ minutes.