Airport update broke bluetooth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BhindiBhaji, Mar 12, 2008.

1. BhindiBhaji macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am a MBP newbie, I have only had it for about a week. I use a bluetooth Mighty Mouse and have been having no problems with it connecting to my MBP and waking it from sleep etc.

This evening, I did a Software Update and an update for Airport was installed. Since then I continually lose connection with the mouse if I do not use it for a few minutes. The only way I can seem to get the connection back is to turn the bluetooth off and then back on.

I think this update broke something, is there anyway to rollback?

Thanks for your help,

Jo

Update: It seems now that I cannot open the bluetooth preferences at all. The update was "Airport Utility 5.3.1".

2. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Since I am fairly new to Apple well at least a year now, if I were in your shoes I'd try the resetting of the PRAM, and also call Apple Care.

I just loaded a brand new MBP tonight with bare bones OS and did the update and the BT connection works fine. Try tuning the mouse off "underneath" it and than finding the mouse again. But if your going to do this remove the mouse if its already listed and than add a new mouse. Also as an FYI , I use the Steermouse drivers from Japan, yes you have to pay for them after 30 days but this has save me allot of times on so many different mice out there . Guess first and foremost would be call Apple care

BOL

3. BhindiBhaji thread starter macrumors newbie

So far I have tried turning the mouse off/on with no improvement. I think the problem lies with the laptop since I had to "Force Quit" the Bluetooth preferences dialog when I could not get it to come up atall. I have dragged the Airport Utility to trash and I'll now try the PRAM reset.

Thanks for the advice.

4. BhindiBhaji thread starter macrumors newbie

This morning, bluetooth seems to be broken again.

Mouse is not responsive and the bluetooth preferences wont open.

5. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

If you have an Apple store I would take the computer plus your OS disks and mouse and goto them and get one on one with a Genius, and if they determine that the computer is at fault they can swap it out right than and there. if you do NOT have a local store, than call Apple care.

6. BhindiBhaji thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been on hold to Apple "Care" for 40 minutes now. Is this normal? Seems pretty poor when you buy a £1600+ laptop.

7. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Seeing how your in the UK and I am in NY in the USA, I honestly cannot speak for Applecare over there. From the US side I called Applecare twice and both times were around 30 mins from start to finish

8. BhindiBhaji thread starter macrumors newbie

9. BhindiBhaji thread starter macrumors newbie