Airport update causes frequent disconnects

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shinji, Mar 14, 2008.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Hi,

Ever since the Airport update the other day, I get disconnected at least once a day. I'm able to just select my network from the airport dropdown and it reconnects right away. Just kind of annoying how this keeps happening.

Anyone having the same problem? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Signal strength seems pretty good.

I have a Mac Pro which is connecting to my Linksys WRT54G.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Many people have report this problem, and my doing a search you would have found your answer. It seems that it comes down to a corruption in a plist file related to your airport connection. I believe that by removing your airport plist files it will force them to be rebuilt and fix the problem, but I'm not sure, since I don't run Leopard.

TEG

3. shinji thread starter macrumors 65816

shinji

I didn't have problems in Leopard to start with or after 10.5.2. It's only since the Airport update the other day. Isn't that what all the other threads are referring to? Seems like a different issue to me.

4. cwheatley macrumors member

i had serious connectivity issues before the airport update a week or so ago, but since then, i have been having relatively few problems. i think my connection has dropped like once since then.

from all of the forum browsing i have done, i can't really seem (not has anyone else been able) to find any correlation between the machines that are affected. sorry i couldn't be of more help.