Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wquibell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
I bought my G5 (dual 2.0) July 05. I have had the computer hooked up wired since i purchased it... I bought a new house, and was going to use wireless in the house... and oh my goodness to my surprise i don't have a wireless card in my Mac.

I just assumes all this time i had an AirPort in the computer because i had that cool capital T sticking out of the back of my Mac.

I am having trouble find accurate information on what i need to buy to make wireless happen. Some sites say i need to take it to a dealer for them to install, and other sites say i need to buy an upgrade kit?! (can i install that myself?)

Could someone be so kind as to provide me with a link on what i need to buy. And if any know of a Mac store in Mississauga that i can go to.

Thank you :)

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
The manual for your computer will tell you. On the Later revisions of the PowerMac G5 it has to into an Apple store to get installed (or service provider). However the older PowerMac G5's take the standard Airport Express card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.