Airport/USB Drive: How to configure for access from Internet?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kk05629, Jun 27, 2008.

1. kk05629 macrumors member

Greetings...I have the reviewed other AirDisk Internet-type config posts here on MacRumors.com...but do not see any posts that are like my network setup.

I have Verizon FIOS Internet. I have their ActionTec Router installed with my AEBS connected to one of the ports on the ActionTec and the AEBS set up in Bridge mode. My iMac and MacBook Pro then wirelessly connect to the AEBS.

My question is...If I connect a USB hard Drive to the AEBS ...do you think I could access the hard disk from the internet even though it is connected the the AEBS (in bridge mode) that is connected to the Verizon FIOS/ActionTec router?

If so, how you I address the disk from the internet? Using the Actiontec ip address? or the AEBS ip address? Both?

Any direction/advice/suggestions/comments are welcome.

2. puercaeli macrumors regular

I also like to know how to do this...

I have similar configuration internet-router-AEBS. AEBS connected to routher by ethernet(not PPPoE).

All the articles I have read so far does not seem to show how to get to AEBS behind router.(all they say is smb://your.ip.address/Nameofthevolume or afp://your.ip.address/Nameofthevolume )

They mention to set up VPN or NAT or sth but none of them seems to show how in detail...

So can anyone help?