Airport Utility 6.1, Safe to use?

Pndrgnsvc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Georgetown, Texas
Because of the many & serious problems associated with (new) Thunderbolt Software Update 1.2, and the problems some have had with previous Airport updaters, I am a bit apprehensive re the current Airport Utility 6.1.

I have not ready of any dire results, but I merely thought this would be a good place to verify that this updater is safe.

Waddya think?

russkirk

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2012
Portland, OR
Because of the many & serious problems associated with (new) Thunderbolt Software Update 1.2, and the problems some have had with previous Airport updaters, I am a bit apprehensive re the current Airport Utility 6.1.

I have not ready of any dire results, but I merely thought this would be a good place to verify that this updater is safe.

Waddya think?
6.1 seems to be working fine for us. A 1st gen Airport Extreme servicing two Mac-mini's, two Apple TV's (2nd gen) an iMac and 3 PeeCees, not more than 4 of the above running at the same time, and I can detect no difference.

Pndrgnsvc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Georgetown, Texas
Many thanks guys!

I installed the update, and as you indicated, all is right with the world. Well, at least my Airport is trouble free.