Airport Utility automatically launches randomly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by e.m., Jun 29, 2008.

1. e.m. macrumors 6502

I have an Airport Extreme and Express. There's a MacBook Pro, MacBook, and PowerBook G4 that connect to it (all 10.5.3, and have the latest 5.3.2 Airport Utility installed). The firmware on the two Airports are both up to date also. There are other gadgets that connect to them, such as 2 iPhones, Wii, 360.

Recently, I find that Airport Utility automatically launches randomly about once a day. I'll find this to be the case when I wake up in the morning, when I come home from work, etc. Besides the Airport Utility being launched, everything else seems to be normal. Although I highly doubted it, I thought maybe it's an intruder being malicious with my network, so I changed the passwords and names of the the SSIDs, and also made them invisible. That was yesterday morning, and this morning Airport Utility was launched again when I woke up.

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on? Please help!

2. vasanth4u macrumors member

vasanth4u

Hi This is Vasanth here
    >>>You can try these steps

>>Remove Login items
    >>Remove caches

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

AirPort Utility > Preferences & uncheck Monitor Apple wireless devices for problems

Attached Files:

4. e.m. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that. :) I never knew that setting was there.

Although that'll mask the problem, I wonder what's causing it. It used to never happen before.