Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
I lost mine in a recent move (well, 3 months ago). Finally, I got internet and have my airport express but lost my install/setup disk that has the airport utility on it. Do I have to reorder that disk from apple? As the moment, only the wireless functionality of the router works.

Airtunes does not work nor can i really save any pertinent settings so that windows computers cannot connect via password nor can they detect the router. My ipod touch as well cannot connect.

Cheers!

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
Thank you - I am quite desperate. To be truthful, while having a fully functional device is wonderful so that my express and touch work together, i really need windows just for one program - swirve's utopia internet based html game which works best with utopia angel, again another windows-only software.

I have had the express for 2 years but used it only in the last one year and then since moving it has been in crippled state. Again, if i have to be upset at anthing or anyone, why did i not keep careful track of that disk? cheers again

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
Thank you - I am quite desperate. To be truthful, while having a fully functional device is wonderful so that my express and touch work together, i really need windows just for one program - swirve's utopia internet based html game which works best with utopia angel, again another windows-only software.

I have had the express for 2 years but used it only in the last one year and then since moving it has been in crippled state. Again, if i have to be upset at anthing or anyone, why did i not keep careful track of that disk? cheers again

This is odd, for me, software update detects that I am using an Airport Extreme and it automatically downloads the Airport software for me including the utility and the disk utility. I guess it doesn't do that for you?

This link might help you. It has the Windows version there and explains what version you need for Macs depending on the OS and which Airport you have.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75422

You could always download the Windows version if all else fails, to reconfigure your Airport. If you are using 10.4.8 it should auto-download the utility though in MacOS.

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
thank you for the link friend, but, it still did not detect my airport. i will try resetting my internet as well as extreme and see what happens - at the moment. i am somewhat perterbed by now at my negligence...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.