Airport Utility does not detect AEBS

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pondie84, Feb 12, 2008.

1. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

Hi

Although I've posted here a fair bit I hope this is the first and last time I need to ask for support!

My problem is that Airport Utility on my Mac Mini and PC does not detect my AEBS even though it is connected to both by ethernet cable. I am connected to the internet through it (at least on the PC) so I know it's at least got some functionality.

Also, my AEBS shows up in as an Air Disk in the Base Station Agent (which it never has done before).

Any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated! I'm tearing out my hair here!

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Admin access over Ethernet can be turned off I recall, so if it was by accident you'd need to connect wirelessly to change that. That's all I can think of right now.

3. pondie84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thankyou for your response. Unfortunately my PC doesn't have a wireless card so ethernet is the only option.

Utility has previously detected the station with no problems and I've used it to network my Mac and PC, however since yesterday it hasn't been able to detect the base station on either my mini or PC.

Extremely frustrating!

Oh, and I've tried wirelessly accessing the Base Station from my Mac Mini without any success. Utility just says it cannot detect any Base Stations.