Airport Utility not remembering password

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wie Gehts, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Wie Gehts macrumors 6502

Anytime I need to open the airport utility and go into configure, it keeps asking me for my password. I type it in, save to keychain but whenever I open up airport utility again and go to config, it again asks for the password.
    It never did that before. I'm thinking some pref somewhere might've changed somehow but I have no idea where to look.
    I have no idea why it refuses to remember the password.
    This is on a 2007 macbook using tiger.

thanx

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

odd...

if you go into KeyChain.app (find it via spotlight) and search for the key itself, delete it then make airport remember it again - what happens?

3. Wie Gehts thread starter macrumors 6502

'Keychain.app' finds nothing. However, are you talking about 'keychain access' in the utilities folder? Because if I open that, i can see my airport base station pass listed.

Thanks

edit: trashed the keychain for that and a new one appeared but it still won't remember it

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea sorry, adding .app onto an application just lets us mac users know that its an application :) so you just type "keychain" and it should come up. nice find.

it didnt work? hmm. frustrating. im not sure :(

5. Wie Gehts thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats whats so odd. It always worked..never asked for the pass. Then a few months back it started to keep asking. Maybe something happened after a hardware reset or something...just don't know.
    Well, I got another month and a half on my applecare (my how time flies)...maybe they have an answer :)