Airport Utility & Remote App: Help

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by taylord22, Aug 26, 2012.

1. taylord22 macrumors regular

Problem: My airport utility and (apple tv) remote app are no longer working

Background: Recently moved; changed wpa2 security password for guest network yesterday when DirecTV was configuring whole home DVR using the Airport Utility App. Today, iPad has connected to the internet all-day. Fast-forward to tonight, I was trying to join my 360 to the guest network, which led me down the path of unplugging router and modem. Now, the iPad still connects to the internet, but my remote app no longer works and the airport utility app will not locate my airport extreme.

Available Equipment: iPad, Airport Extreme, Cisco DPQ2160 Modem, Dell Inspiron with broken wireless card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so confused, right now.

2. loaferkan macrumors member

loaferkan

You can go to the Apple store. Someone can help you there.

3. taylord22 thread starter macrumors regular

[/COLOR]
    Well, not everyone is privileged to live in an area where one is close-by. A trip to the Apple Store would mean taking a full day off work, or making a weekend trip. Which in the context of me moving, is not going to happen.

I'm sure there are better places to ask this particular question, but Google was returning macrumors as the top answer for problems similar to mine. Hopefully I'll find a better answer/solution here, but if not, I'll know for next time.

4. loaferkan macrumors member

loaferkan

Too bad... But perhaps, youtube can help you sometimes.