AirPort Utility substitute

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AlphaCenturia, Aug 18, 2012.

1. AlphaCenturia macrumors newbie

Hey guys, currently I have an AirPort Extreme 5th Gen and of course AirPort Utility. However, I needed an alternative that offers more control over my network, so I decided to turn to you guys whom some of you might know best in this matter.

For this substitute, on top of the features the AirPort utility offers, I need a software that would allow me to -

1) Manually disconnect connected clients from both my protected and guest networks.

2) Block specific clients from accessing my guest network.

3) Have a 'shut off' period which the AirPort Extreme doesn't transmit any signal.

Point #1 and #2 is the priority and of course if the software provides more than I wish for, the better! Thanks guys :D

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. AlphaCenturia thread starter macrumors newbie

Tell me which one...because I am looking for a software...

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

You might could use mac address access control along with timed access to achieve some of your goals. Also, why not just password protect your guest network to keep the folks off it that you don't want?

5. AlphaCenturia thread starter macrumors newbie

Your idea on the mac address access control with timed access is a pretty good one which I overlooked. But for the password protect part, I want to keep my guest network unprotected so that I do not have to individually go to every guest telling them the guest network password. I just want to keep non-guests out..but anyways, thanks for the help!