airport utility

Discussion in 'macOS' started by skitzodancer, Jul 14, 2012.

1. skitzodancer macrumors member

hey people,

we had a new apple reseller open in my local area who offered 10% off for the first day, so i went and bought my self a new ipad and a case.

anyways ive come home and my apple airport extreme is set up for timed access only to allow certain mac address connect to the wifi signal.

ive gone onto my macbook and airport utility keeps crashing, ive tried going to it trough my iphone but i cannot add new entries to the timed access.

i just click on airport utility and nothing happens, it doesnt even bounce in the dock.

any ideas as at the moment i have a ipad and cant get any apps on my new toy.

cheers

----------

sorted it... i shouted and swore at my mac whilst it rebooted and its working fine now.

not sure wtf was wrong though.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Airport Utility only works on Apple routers.

Most third party router using a web browser to connect to them. One just has to open System Preferences->Network pane, and copy/remember the 'Router' IP. Then go to your favorite browser and and put that IP in the browser's address bar. You just have to have the router username/password to get int so you can check for default username/password at Default Router Password site.

3. almonde macrumors regular

The OP says he has an Airport Extreme, which is an Apple router last time i checked.

OP, factory reset the router. I wouldn't bother with MAC filtering, doesn't offer real security, just hassle, as you're finding out.