Airport Vs PS3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SeVeN, Jul 21, 2008.

1. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

have any of you guys had any problems getting a PS3 to connect (wireless) to an Airport base station? i thought i seen a few complaints before but im not sure if it was about a PS3 or an XBOX.

thanks

2. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

I haven't even heard of problems with PS3's connecting to Airport, I don't think there is an issue.

3. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

my ps3 to airport extreme(N newest rev) have been great. and if youre not already you can use the www.opendns.com dns servers and get a pretty decent speed increase for f-f-f-free

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

There were issues (might still be) with connecting a Time Capsule to an XBOX 360 via wi-fi. But that's all I've ever heard of.

I have a PS3 connected to a Time Capsule and it works fine.

5. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

xbox 360's have trouble connecting to anything because they cant stay on long enough without red ring of deathing :p

6. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Doesn't matter. In fact, just G probably eliminates any worries.

8. evan g macrumors regular

I use my PS3 on my airport all the time, and the only problems I have had, is if someone wants to get on a computer in the house :D

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

My 360 refuses to connect with either my Airport Extreme and Airport Express (N version) regardless of what combination of settings I try.

My PS3 has no problem with either.

10. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

Your ps3 and mac cant use it at the same time?

11. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I have an AExtreme Base Station and AExpress extending my network to the 3rd floor [all G], I have 2 Macs, 1 PC, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, and PSP all on the network with no connection issues.
    The only problems I ever run into are occasionally getting my wife's Vaio lappy to print to the Canon MP500 that is connected via USB to the AExpress.

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Not really, my crappy bubble station didn't have enough range to reach it but I have an Airport express too. I just moved that to a better location.

13. evan g macrumors regular

Well they can... it just is really slow in the computer, enough to the point where someone else in my house has to kick me offline. :)

14. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

no problems on my ps3 and time capsule. however, i did have to mess with the port forwarding for nba 2k8.

15. evan g macrumors regular

my PS3 is a big internet hog lol. We use wireless for everything and if i'm downloading something, i make sure i do it when nobody is watching tv or surfin the internet. i usually download stuff overnight.

16. Xtreambar macrumors regular

For some reason, when sitting right next to each other, I get 100% signal on my Macbook, but only 60% on my PS3. Consequently, I have a hard time streaming most movies to my PS3 because it is so slow.

17. evan g macrumors regular

I tried streaming my movies, but I ended up just making the file size of the video small enough to fit on my 1GB flash drive.

18. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Mine is very picky about when it wants to connect, it never does the first time...at times I have to sit there for half an hour before opening and closing things on the XMB before it decides to show up. It can sit there for days and stay connected, but as soon as the connection is dropped I have to go through the same process again.

19. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Im assuming you keep your network password protected, I had mine of one setting and all i had to do was change it to a different password type.

ChrisN

20. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

It works great for me, (through 3 floors of house).