airport wifi question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Aven SkyGazer, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Aven SkyGazer macrumors regular

im currently running 10.5.6 on my late 08 alum UMB. hesitant to upgrade my OS in fright that my airport success will be changed. how is the airport acting in 10.5.8? better? worse?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

it wont. just upgrade there are more important security fixes to install rather than worry about wifi problems.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

You'll be fine with 10.5.8. Heck, there's even an AirPort patch that will show up if your computer has one of the WiFi chips that is affected by the 10.5.8 AirPort connectivity issues.

4. Aven SkyGazer thread starter macrumors regular

Well i'm running 10.5.6 and I want to go to .8

my question to you is, is there any difference in using the 'software update' as opposed to just downloading the combo update directly from the apple download page?

and also, if I download it directly from the apple download page, will the update you mentioned about the airport chips affected still be available to me if my macbook is one of those?

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Regardless of what update approach you use, if you have an affected WiFi chipset, you may be affected by the update.

If that's the case, the next time you run Software Update, there should be an update for your computer to fix the networking issue.