AirPort won't connect automatically in OSX 10.4

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bigmac1305, Mar 2, 2009.

1. bigmac1305 macrumors newbie

After installing OSX 10.4 on my wifes' Clamshell iBook 466 Firewire, and accepting several software upgrades to 10.4.11, I was annoyed to find that the AirPort Card would not connect automatically on start-up. This seems to be as a result of the AirPort software upgrade to version 4.2. :mad:

There seems to be no way of reverting back to the previous version, leaving us with the problem of having to connect manually. This involves several steps, starting with choosing "Other" from the AirPort drop-down menu, selecting the network from a drop-down list, then selecting the WEP option from the next drop-down, entering the Password and clicking 'OK' to complete the connection process. :eek:

Surely there MUST be a Script or small App that can be selected as a Start-up item, and save us the hastle of doing this every time the iBook is turned on, or restarted from 'Sleep' mode. :confused:

C'mon guys, please help us to get online more quickly.

Cheers! :):apple::)

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Im not familiar with 10.4 but I will give you a suggestion just cause I hate when 30 people view a thread and no one replies.

In 10.5, System Pref> Network, then click on AirPort, then click 'Advanced'
    You will see a box to check that reads "Remember any network this computer has joined"

Like I said I'm running 10.5 but I'm just tryin to help ya out! Look for something like the pic I attached

Attached Files: