Airport Wont Turn On, Applecare Closed, Going Out Of The Country Tomorow Morning Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jman2003, Mar 20, 2008.

1. jman2003 macrumors member

Hi
    My airport on my mew macbook pro (which i have only had for 3 houres) wont turn on, it is off and wehen i choose for it to turn on, it just ignores it. and applecare is closed so i cant call them AND im going out of the country at 6 AM 2morow. PLEASE HELP ME!!

2. Draddy macrumors regular

woah, sucks.

have you tried restarting?

Have you tried resetting the PMU?

the 2 things I try, which I have no idea if they were bad to do repeatedly, is reset the PMU by holding down [ apple+option+P+R ] before the apple logo appears in the boot sequence, it will start to boot and then restart (and I think beep?) (and the startup sound will default to full volume) before the circle starts spinning and restart the boot sequence.

This normally solves my problems.... if not, I turn off the computer, and hold down the power button till it beeps.

3. Wingscofounder macrumors member

When you go to the airport menu icon that is on the upper menu bar next to the date and time, are you selecting "turn airport on"? If so, does the icon remain the same with an outline only, or does it have a grayed out series of lines?

4. jman2003 thread starter macrumors member

when I go to turn it on, i dont even see any grayd out lines :(

5. Wingscofounder macrumors member

Try going to network preferences, which is an option when you click on the airport menu icon saying "open network preferences," and try turning airport on from there (you first select the airport icon on the left side of the network preference window).

6. Wingscofounder macrumors member

Hope you sort this out. I've got to get some sleep. Good luck:)
    Warren

7. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

grayed out WiFi signal only means that you are not connected to any network. If your WiFi card is not on, then you will see a hollowed out triangle icon.

Open up your network and see if are connected to any of the wifi networks.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Are you sure the icon just didn't disappear?

System Preferences > Network > Show Airport Status in Menu Bar

9. jmacrumors2020 macrumors newbie