Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jman2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Hi
My airport on my mew macbook pro (which i have only had for 3 houres) wont turn on, it is off and wehen i choose for it to turn on, it just ignores it. and applecare is closed so i cant call them AND im going out of the country at 6 AM 2morow. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Draddy

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
woah, sucks.

have you tried restarting?

Have you tried resetting the PMU?

the 2 things I try, which I have no idea if they were bad to do repeatedly, is reset the PMU by holding down [ apple+option+P+R ] before the apple logo appears in the boot sequence, it will start to boot and then restart (and I think beep?) (and the startup sound will default to full volume) before the circle starts spinning and restart the boot sequence.

This normally solves my problems.... if not, I turn off the computer, and hold down the power button till it beeps.

Wingscofounder

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2005
NY
Hi
My airport on my mew macbook pro (which i have only had for 3 houres) wont turn on, it is off and wehen i choose for it to turn on, it just ignores it. and applecare is closed so i cant call them AND im going out of the country at 6 AM 2morow. PLEASE HELP ME!!

When you go to the airport menu icon that is on the upper menu bar next to the date and time, are you selecting "turn airport on"? If so, does the icon remain the same with an outline only, or does it have a grayed out series of lines?

jman2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
When you go to the airport menu icon that is on the upper menu bar next to the date and time, are you selecting "turn airport on"? If so, does the icon remain the same with an outline only, or does it have a grayed out series of lines?
when I go to turn it on, i dont even see any grayd out lines :(

Wingscofounder

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2005
NY
when I go to turn it on, i dont even see any grayd out lines :(

Try going to network preferences, which is an option when you click on the airport menu icon saying "open network preferences," and try turning airport on from there (you first select the airport icon on the left side of the network preference window).

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
grayed out WiFi signal only means that you are not connected to any network. If your WiFi card is not on, then you will see a hollowed out triangle icon.

Open up your network and see if are connected to any of the wifi networks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.