AirPort Won't work with XP SP3

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Mr Slippy IV, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

When I try to join my wireless AirPort network at home, an error message appears in Windows XP that reads as follows:

Windows cannot configure the wireless connection

Is there any way I can fix this? My network is and will remain secured to rule out the possibility of opening the network.

2. eponym macrumors 6502

Is this in Boot Camp or via a VM?

Make sure you've installed the extra stuff Apple provides for Windows (drivers etc) and make sure your firmware on the base station is up to date.

3. Mr Slippy IV thread starter macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

This is in Boot Camp. All Windows software from the OS 10.6 disc and the AirPort installation disc is on the machine, and the firmware on the base station is up to date.

4. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

joys of remote tech support and all that.

no idea how to fix it based on the evidence presented.

i'm running 2 systems here. one on 10.4.current with AE, and a MBP on 10.6.current on AE connecting to a current (dual band) time capsule running current firmware WPA2 (hidden). all working fine in X and XP sp3.

i know it works, i just don't know why it doesn't for you.

EDIT: X, XP, and parallels 4 and 5 all working. LINK to a support page that i hope might help... wish i had an answer other than 'ought to work'. best of luck.

5. eponym macrumors 6502

I'm terrible when it comes to Windows networking. But a quick search turned up this information:

I guess disable that feature and set it up manually?