Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by powers74, Sep 23, 2009.
How do I go about password protecting my wifi connection?
To password-protect your wireless network:
1. Open AirPort Utility, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder on a computer using Mac OS X, and in Start > All Programs > AirPort on a computer using Windows.
2. Select your base station, and then choose Manual Setup from the Base Station menu. Enter the base station password if necessary.
3. Click AirPort in the toolbar, and then click Wireless.
4. Choose a password scheme from the Wireless Security pop-up menu.
5. Enter the password all users will need in order to join this wireless network.
The above steps apply if you have an Apple router.
If you have a Linksys or Netgear, you'll have to configure the router through it's IP configuration page and enable wireless security. Select the security standard you wish to use, set a password, and then have it save the configuration changes.