Airprint Activate (formally Airprint Hactivate)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bheleu, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Bheleu macrumors 6502

I was looking for a way to print to a non-Airprint printer I could keep plugged into my Time Capsule. I found a way! There is a program called Airprint Activate "which is FREE."

I have the printer installed on my Timecapsule and can connect and share it on my MacBook Pro.

The program allows me to Airprint through my MacBook Pro to my shared printer. If you do not have timecapsule but have a Mac (maybe a Mac-Mini) with a printer attached, you may want to give this a try. There is a minute or two delay, and the application has to be running to work (unless some of you OSX guru's know how to set up some sort of service???).

The program is made by a company called Netputing, they accept Paypal donations. Going to give it a whirl before I donate though, but since it works - wanted to share the knowledge. :D

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I was lucky to have the foresight to buy HP printers and get hooked into a HP small business account. It's nice being able to wirelessly print from our iphones, ipads, MBP and iMac. HP may have dropped the ball on WebOS, but I love their all-in-one printers.